First Round is a seed-stage venture capital firm that is committed to connecting startup entrepreneurs to the knowledge, people, and companies they need for maximum impact. Uber, Roblox, and Snackpass are some of the companies we’ve been fortunate to partner with — and we’re just getting started.
We're searching for a Community Manager to join our mission to build and serve the world's strongest community of entrepreneurs. We're looking for someone who is excited to help us curate the incredible community of founders and operators across our companies. Your main focus will be to nurture the First Round Network, our internal platform that connects everyone inside of our 250+ companies. The First Round Network is the source of truth for employees at the companies we back, and a cherished resource for the First Round community. It's the place for thousands of our community members to connect and share knowledge.
Your core role as a Community Manager will include:
- Manage First Round Network. You’ll help find answers to questions, post and curate content that is relevant to our community, and set up Ask Me Anything sessions with experts in our community. You'll provide administrative support to ensure that Network is a high-quality resource including updating our user database and cleaning up content shared. You’ll update and add new resources to our Resource Library to best support our companies.
- Create email marketing content. You’ll write the weekly community newsletter to update our members about upcoming events and news. You’ll create and send new user onboarding and product feature update emails.
- Create experiments to drive user engagement. You’ll analyze First Round Network user engagement patterns, create and analyze surveys to improve our programs and facilitate meaningful connections with thousands of community members.
- Plan events. You’ll plan virtual and in-person events from start to finish. The events will take many different forms: large speaker events, small training sessions, interactive group discussions, and more.
You could be a great Community Manager at First Round if:
- You are an execution machine. When you're tasked with something, it's done with the utmost thought and care. You have a knack for details and never drop a ball. You feel a sense of accomplishment after seeing a project come to fruition and can't wait to take on the next task with the same level of energy.
- You are a great writer. You’re someone who can synthesize big ideas into tidy bullet points and important takeaways (like these).
- You are analytical and data-driven. You love getting into data, pulling insights, and recommending improvements to our programs.
- You are eager to learn about the startup ecosystem and dive into the challenges that our founders and companies face. You’re curious to understand how companies get built, scale, and operate.
- You have 0-3 years of work experience.
Not required, but bonus points if you know a bit of SQL and/or enjoy public speaking.
- We serve entrepreneurs. We owe them our unvarnished opinion and unwavering support.
- We honor quality. The little things matter. High standards and attention to the craft are valued here.
- We favor action and think long-term. We decide and execute with urgency today. We define success with the long-term in mind.
- We cherish diversity and inclusion. The strongest communities around the world are diverse and inclusive. We work hard to make sure ours is, too.
- We do things our own way. We choose to be original and find unique, creative solutions to our biggest problems.
- We have fun. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
First Round is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workspace. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply because we believe that our diverse team helps us build and serve the strongest community of entrepreneurs.