About the job
We are searching for a dynamic Analyst to join our team to assist with a growing workload having raised a new fund.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn how to assess technology companies and be a part of the venture ecosystem in Europe. We are a small team and you will have the opportunity to work directly with our portfolio companies and play a role in our investment decisions.
CLP was founded in 2014, bringing together an experienced team of investors to provide growth loans to European technology companies (software and internet primarily). We are investing from a new second fund that we raised recently, and we are backed by a knowledgeable group of investors, including partners at Bessemer Venture Partners.
To date, we have invested in over 60 exciting, high growth companies across Europe. Our portfolio companies include Catawiki, ContentSquare, Dixa and Factorial. Transactions range from €2 million to €20 million.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Underwrite deals by analysing financial statements and other company materials
- Prepare the approval packages for new facilities to be presented to the Investment Committee
- Maintain regular dialogue with portfolio companies and assist with preparation of the quarterly review package
- Collect, analyse and report on the financial performance of prospects and portfolio companies
- Engage in discussions with the deal team by evaluating the key merits and risk & mitigants of investing in the company supported by financial analysis.
- Help structure new debt investments for prospects
- Attend company pitches, ask questions and form an investment thesis on new opportunities
- Engage in regular research and reading to stay apprised about the state of the European venture ecosystem, economy, global financial markets, and general macro trends
- Work closely with the rest of the investment team to assess financial information and investment opportunities
- Suggest companies to track with the goal of investing when appropriate
Our ideal candidate profile:
- Master’s level degree in finance or equivalent, or Bachelors with ACA qualification
- Very strong analytical and Excel modelling skills
- Right to work in the UK
- Self starter with a proven ability to work to the highest standards in both a team setting and individually
- Decision making and problem solving
- High level of curiosity
- Passion for technology
- Analytical thinking
- Verbal and written communication skills with additional European languages encouraged but not essential
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Working under pressure
To apply, please follow the following two steps:
1.) Complete the following assessment:
2.) Submit your CV and other required information with the Factorial application: https://columbia-lake-partners.factorialhr.com/job_posting/investment-analyst-9072
No phone calls or agencies please