In short: Full-time position. Berlin or Remote, please only apply if currently residing in Europe or UK. Competitive salary & generous stock options in the company. We are building a phone plan you'll love.
😍 We are Gigs
- Gigs is a telecom as a service. We are building Stripe for SIM cards.
- Providing phone and data plans through an Interface & API to eCommerce, travel, HR & device platforms globally.
- For consumers, Gigs makes it super simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & global connectivity for your smartphone, smartwatch, or IoT device.
- See immediate results of your work. Our large-scale integrations mean huge adoption within a short time. We obsess about the needs of our partners and their end customers to build a best-in-industry experience.
- We are backed by the investors behind Stripe, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us in tricky situations.
🔧 The position
- You'll be a trusted leader, working closely with the co-founders and team leads to design and implement the Gigs' people strategy to optimize growth, productivity, engagement, and happiness across all employees.
- You'll be the champion of a remote hybrid team. You'll own the entire function related to talent, people development, culture, and HR for a hybrid remote team to help us scale from 20 to 40 to 80 and beyond.
- You'll develop strategies to get us ahead of the hiring curve. You'll assess our talent needs and build an all-star set of strategies to recruit the best fit for each position. Your hiring processes will support our hyper-growth.
- You'll be a coach to everyone at Gigs: leadership, managers, and the entire team. You'll lend your ear, experience, and tools to help with people-related issues and policies across the Gigs.
- You'll ensure a top-notch employee experience covering onboarding, career development, compensation, employee benefits, team events, and much more as we grow.
- You'll develop metrics related to hiring goals, employee NPS, and more to measure and protect the health of our team as we scale.
- Over the next years, you'll represent Gigs externally. And will be able to build up a stellar People & Culture team around you.
👟 About you
→ We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you. 🦄
- You've scaled Culture & People Operations before. You have been in Culture & People Operations at companies that have grown from 20 to 100. ****You understand that each stage of growth requires different strategies and are excited to leverage the right structure and strategy at the right moment.
- You love connecting with many different people. You want to find just the right cultural fit for our growing team and are excited to foster a vibrant and happy team. You have an innate ability to build a resilient community and know that this means valuing diversity and equality.
- You're a natural coach and mentor. You have the ability to foster relationships among a diverse team, to relate well with others, listen effectively, and help employees at all levels achieve their development goals.
- You love structure and processes. You get excited about building resilient structures and know when to leverage the right tools for success. You know that hyper-growth and scale don't come without hiccups, and can quickly trade-off between long-term strategies and efficiency processes.
🌱 Our offer
- €70,000 - €110,000 p.a.
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Full-time contract
- Visa sponsorship is available and relocation can be covered
🎁 Our benefits
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year (PTO)
- The best phone plan in the world, built by you.
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac/Linux, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and support your setup, so you can do the best work of your life.
- Easy remote work policy: We believe in co-located teams. We have an international team. So if you want to work from home for some time, we are easy. No need to take a vacation.
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement decisions to build Gigs from scratch.
- Company health insurance policy (in case you are not from Germany and were wondering how it works over here).
🤔 Our process
The starting date is as soon as possible. However, we are willing to wait for the right candidate. And will do everything to accommodate your needs.
You'll walk through four stages:
1. Get to know each other: We use this to pitch Gigs and get you excited to join. We'll also use this chance to see whether both our expectations align.
2. Meet the team: You'll get to meet our team members. We value team fit over everything else. This also gives you the chance to see whether you'd enjoy working with us.
3. People & Culture assessment: You will share the strategies and projects you've done before to scale people operations and hybrid working teams. We'll use that to have a conversation about which decisions you've taken and why.
4. Final conversation: The team and you are going to chat more about the position, what you value, what you took away from the interviews so far, and whatever is on your mind.
We are mindful of your time: Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all we will extend a formal offer.
You can also speak to one of our investors. We want to give you as many insights into us as possible. We see this as a truly two-sided decision.
👋 How to apply
Just apply here.
Now, let's hear it! 🚀🥳